Mag Cal Formula 2 supports muscle and bone health using a combination of magnesium, calcium and vitamin D. Each of these active ingredients plays an important role in maintaining optimal muscle function and bone mineral density. Magnesium is a cofactor for the enzyme creatine kinase, which generates ATP from phosphocreatine stored in muscle tissues during intense exercise (known as alactic anaerobic metabolism.)
In a double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical study conducted on 25 healthy male volleyball players with normal magnesium levels, supplementation with 350mg of magnesium oxide for 4 weeks supported muscle function associated with intense exercise, by improving alactic anaerobic metabolism. Following supplementation, lactate production during peak exercise was significantly reduced in the magnesium group in comparison with baseline measurements.
- Provides 400mg of magnesium, 200mg of calcium, and 100IU of vitamin D per daily dose
- Helps in the development and maintenance of bones and teeth
- Helps to metabolize carbohydrates, proteins and fats
- Helps to maintain proper muscle function
- Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient vitamin D, a healthy diet, and regular exercise, may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis
Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) 100IU,
calcium (calcium carbonate/aspartate) 200mg,
magnesium (magnesium oxide/aspartate) 400mg.
Cellulose, hyprolose, silica, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, hypromellose andglycerin.
Adults: Take one tablet daily, a few hours before or after taking other medications, or as recommended by your healthcare practitioner.
Some people may experience diarrhea. Safety-sealed for your protection and for product freshness. Do not use if the outer seal is missing or broken. Store in a cool, dry place.