Active B Complex provides the most biologically active forms and clinically relevant doses of a unique B vitamin combination. Quatrefolic folate provides (6S)-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate acid (MTHF), the active form of folate at the cellular level, the form found in circulation, and the only form able to cross the blood brain barrier. This form of folate bypasses enzymatic conversion by methylene tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), an enzyme with common genetic polymorphisms known to impair activity. Quatrefolic acid administration has been associated with higher peak (6S)-5-MTHF levels than both folic acid and calcium 5-MTHF, with higher plasma folate levels even in those with high functioning MTHFR polymorphisms.
- Provides the natural and most bioactive form of folate, Quatrefolic folate (6S)-5-MTHF, with no synthetic or racemic components
- Quatrefolic folate supplementation has a greater increase in plasma folate compared to folic acid and calcium 5-MTHF
- Contains most bioactive and bioavailable forms of each B vitamin, including methylcobalamin (B12), riboflavin 5’-phosphate (B2), and pyridoxal 5’-phosphate (B6)
- Broad spectrum B complex, with inositol, biotin, and choline
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
Vitamin B1 (thiamine hydrochloride) 25mg, benfotiamine 10mg,
vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5’-phosphate sodium) 10mg,
niacin (inositol hexanicotinate) 100mg,
pantothenic acid (calcium d-pantothenate) 100mg,
vitamin b6 (pyridoxal 5-phosphate) 25mg,
vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin) 500mcg,
folate (from (6s)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid (mthf),
glucosamine salt, quatrefolic) 400mcg,
choline (citrate) 50mg
inositol (inositol, inositol hexanicotinate) 50mg.
Microcrystalline cellulose, vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant) and silica.
Take 1 capsule per day with food or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.
No reports exist for neuropathies associated with pyridoxal 5’-phosphate, though doses of pyridoxine at 1-3g per day have been associated with peripheral neuropathy when used in isolation. People sensitive to nicotinic acid may experience flushing of the skin that is generally mild and transient. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use if safety seal is broken.