*Due to our vendor agreement, this product can not be discounted, and will not count towards discount code minimum order amounts*
GI Microb-X is a blend of botanical extracts with a long history of use for supporting a healthy gastrointestinal microbial balance. The botanical substances in GI Microb-X are commonly represented on sensitivity testing provided by the major functional laboratories performing stool analysis.
- Tribulus terrestris (also known as puncture vine), a member of the Zygophyllaceae family, is an annual herb found in many tropical and moderate areas of the world, including the US and Mexico, the Mediterranean region, and throughout Asia. Its effects are the result of active phytochemicals including steroidal saponins currently referred to by medical researchers and physicians as X steroidal saponins. These X steroidal saponins support immune health and have been shown to support microbial balance in the GI tract.
- Berberine is a bitter-tasting, yellow, plant alkaloid with a long history of medicinal use in Chinese and Ayurvedic medicine. Berberine is present in the roots, rhizomes and stem bark of various plants including Berberis aquifolium (Oregon grape), Berberis vulgaris (barberry), Hydrastis canadensis (goldenseal), Coptis chinensis (coptis or goldenthread), and Berberis aristata (tree turmeric). Berberine has also been used historically as a dye, due to its yellow color. Varma first documented the use of berberine in 1933.
- Sweet Wormwood (Artemesia anuua) is derived from the inner bark (wood) of the Artemesia annua tree where it kills parasites (worms), therefore it became known by the common name of wormwood.
- Black Walnut (Juglans nigra) also has a long history of use for supporting optimal GI function and gut mircrobiome balance.
- Grapefruit and other citrus seed extracts have long been used in GI health.
- Bearberry Extract (Arctostaphylos uva ursi) is grown throughout Asia, North America, and Europe and has a long history of medicinal use dating back to the 13th Century. Arbutin, the main chemical constituent of uva ursi, is a phenolic glycoside that becomes hydrolyzed to hydroquinone. This supports the urinary and GI tracts. Other active constituents include tannins, mono and triterpenes, and flavonoids.
- Caprylic Acid is the common name for the eight-carbon straight chain fatty acid known by the systematic name octanoic acid. It is found naturally in palm and coconut oil, and in breast milk. Due to its relatively short chain length it has no difficulty in penetrating fatty cell wall membranes, hence its usefulness in supporting gut and microbiome functioning.
Tribulus extract 200mg, magnesium caprylate 150mg, berberine sulfate (berberis aristata)(root) 100mg, bearberry extract (arctostaphylos uva-ursi)(leaf) 100mg, black walnut powder (juglans nigra)(hull) 100mg, barberry extract (berberis vulgaris)(bark) 50mg and artemisinin (from sweet wormwood) 15mg.
Veggie capsule (cellulose), vegetable stearate and silicon dioxide. Contains treenuts (walnuts).