Testo-Plus is a unique mixture of herbs, including Siberian and Panax ginseng, that provide support for mental and physical performance after stress. Research has found that stress may lower testosterone levels in both men and women in a variety of ways:
1. Stress increases oxidative damage, which decreases the production of steroid hormones.
2. The stress hormone cortisol prevents testosterone secretion.
3. Stress inhibits the synthesis and release of luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH), decreasing the production of luteinizing hormone (the hormone responsible for testosterone production in the testis).
4. Stress decreases blood flow to the testicles, which lowers testosterone levels. 5. Stress negatively affects norepinephrine, which is involved in the production of LHRH in both men and women as well as testosterone synthesis in males.
Siberian ginseng improves mental and physical performance after exertion by regulating the signalling of hormones involved in stress responses, including cortisol and norepinephrine. This promotes proper hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis function, which controls various homeostatic processes in the body. Similarly, panax ginseng supports the body’s response to stress and fatigue. It is also a supportive therapy for the promotion of healthy glucose levels. Ginseng’s actions in the body are thought to be due to a complex interplay of constituents, including ginsenosides.
- Helps support cognitive function and reduce mental fatigue
- Used in herbal medicine to help improve mental and physical performance after periods of mental or physical exertion
- Provides antioxidants.
Velvet bean (mucuna pruriens) seed extract (8:1, 608mg dried equivalent) 76mg,
horny goatweed (epimedium grandiflorum) aerial parts std. ext. (10% icarin) 76mg,
tribulus (tribulus terrestris) fruit std. ext. (45% saponins) 76mg,
damiana (turnera diffusa var. aphrodisiaca) leaf 75mg,
maca (lepidium meyenii) root 75mg,
muira puama (ptychopetalum olacoides) bark 74mg,
tongkat ali (eurycoma longifolia) root extract (100:1, 5200mg dried equivalent) 52mg,
panax ginseng root std. ext. (3% ginsenosides) 51mg,
ashwagandha (withania somnifera) root std. ext. (7% withanolides, 1% alkaloids, 0.25% withaferine-a) 50mg
siberian ginseng (eleutherococcus senticosus) root std. ext. (0.8% eleutherosides) 50mg.
Hypromellose (capsule), dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, magnesium stearate and silica.
Adult Males: Take 1 capsule with each meal (3 times daily), or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Consult your healthcare practitioner for use beyond 1 month.
- Do not use this product if you have high blood pressure. Consult your healthcare
practitioner prior to use if you have diabetes, any type of acute infection, are taking
antidepressant medications, blood thinners, digoxin, or any other medication. Consult your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen. Avoid taking with alcohol or products that cause drowsiness. Stop use if you experience insomnia, anxiety or headaches. Stop use if allergy, dizziness, vomiting, dry mouth, thirst, or nosebleed occur. Some people may experience drowsiness. Exercise caution if operating heavy machinery, driving a motor vehicle or involved in activities requiring mental alertness. Diuretic effect may occur.
Store in a cool dry area. Do not use if seal is missing or broken. Keep out of reach of children.