Dulcolax® Tablets belong to a group of medicines known as stimulant laxatives. Each small tablet contains a precisely measured amount of the active ingredient bisacodyl, which stimulates bowel muscles while also accumulating water in the intestines. The effect is to soften the stool and make it pass through more quickly.
Dulcolax® Tablets have a special coating that ensures that the active ingredient is released right where it's needed. The coating resists the acidic digestive juices of the stomach and small intestine.
*We are only able to ship this item to Canadian customers.
- For dependable, effective relief of occasional constipation
- Trusted for more than 60 years
- Suitable for children 6 years and over
- Suitable for breastfeeding women
Enteric-coated tablets contain acacia, white wax, carnauba wax, corn starch (dried/soluble), methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate copolymer dispersion, glycerine, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol, sucrose, talc, glyceryl monostearate, triethyl citrate, polysorbate 80, D&C Yellow #10 Aluminum Lake, D&C red no. 30, povidone, sodium benzoate, methylparaben, propylparaben and titanium dioxide.
For the relief of occasional constipation:
Adults 12 years and over: take 1 to 2 tablets (5-10mg) daily
Children 6-12 years: take one tablet (5mg) daily
Take the tablets at night to have a bowel movement in the morning
Do not crush or chew tablets; swallow them whole. Do not take with milk or antacids
Do not give Dulcolax® Laxative Tablets to a child less than 6 years of age unless the doctor tells you to
BEFORE you use DULCOLAX talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this or any other medicines.
- If you have any pain in the lower abdomen or if you have stomach cramps, fever, nausea or vomiting.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have taken Dulcolax® already for a week without any effect.
- If you are taking any other medications, including those available without a prescription, herbal and complementary medicines.
Do not give Dulcolax® to a child unless the doctor tells you to.
A laxative should not be taken within two (2) hours of another medicine because the desired effect of the other medicine may be reduced.
You may experience dizziness and/or fainting (syncope) caused by a malaise triggered by abdominal spasms.
Do not takeDulcolax® for weight loss.
If you experience abdominal spasms, avoid hazardous tasks such as driving or operating machinery.