Even at night, Maximum Strength PEPCID AC® is strong enough to prevent tough heartburn, or relieve it after it strikes. Each Maximum Strength tablet contains twice the medicine found in Original Strength
*We are only able to ship this item to Canadian customers.
Relieves and prevents:
- acid indigestion
- upset or sour stomach due to excess stomach acid.
Each easy to swallow Maximum Strength PEPCID AC® tablet contains 20 mg of famotidine.
Non-medicinal Ingredients (alphabetical):
carnauba wax, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, starch, talc, titanium dioxide.
Adults & Children 12 years and over
- Take one tablet for fast and effective relief of heartburn, acid indigestion and sour or upset stomach.
- To prevent these symptoms take one tablet 10 - 15 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages that cause heartburn.
- If symptoms return, you may take another tablet.
- Do not take more than one tablet at a time.
- Do not take more than two tablets in 24 hours.
If symptoms continue for more than 14 days, talk to your doctor.
This medicine may not be suitable for some people. Consult your doctor or pharmacist before using if you:
- Are allergic to any component of this product or have had an allergic reaction to another product that contains an acid reducer.
- Are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Have trouble swallowing, pain on swallowing, vomiting of blood or passage of red/black blood in the stools, wheezing or your stomach pains continue.
- Have severe kidney disease or any other severe illnesses.
- Are over 40 and you are experiencing new or recently changed symptoms of acid indigestion or heartburn.
- Are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs] (because these medicines may be causing your symptoms).
- Have a previous history of erosive esophagitis, irritable bowel syndrome or ulcer disease complications.
- Are experiencing unintended weight loss in association with your symptoms of acid indigestion or heartburn.
- You are taking a proton pump inhibitor.
- Your heartburn is frequent (more than 3 times per week) and/or severe.