Mitochondrial Formula is a unique combination of nutrients designed to enhance mitochondrial function by increasing ATP production, while also providing intracellular antioxidant protection. Mitochondria are the energy powerhouses of the cell, consuming 80–90% of a cell’s oxygen to produce ATP via the oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) process. Impaired mitochondrial bioenergetics underly both the aging process and many chronic cardiovascular, metabolic, and neurological conditions.
Acetyl-L-carnitine shuttles fatty acids across the mitochondrial membrane, essential for generating energy via fatty acid metabolism. It has been shown to improve fatigue, neurological and cognitive function, and blood pressure. The antioxidant CoQ10 is a component of the mitochondrial respiratory chain and an essential cofactor in the electron transport system. It has shown clinical benefit form any conditions, including hypertension and migraine.
- Increases cellular energy
- Provides a high dose of clinically relevant amounts of key nutrients, including 300 mg of CoQ10 and 1500 mg of acetyl-L-carnitine
- Contains a combination of sustainably made ancient peat and apple extracts shown to increase ATP levels, the primary currency of cellular energy, without increasing reactive oxygen species
- Antioxidant protection from superoxide dismutase and Opitac® L-glutathione provides redox balance within the cell
- Suitable for vegetarians, with easy dosing and natural watermelon flavour
Acetyl-L-Carnitine (N-Acetyl L-Carnitine Hydrochloride) 1500 mg
Coenzyme Q10 (microorganism) 300 mg
ElevATPTM 150 mg
Ancient Peat Extract 148.5 mg
Apple Extract 85:1 (Malus domestica) (fruit) 1.5 mg
Opitac® L-Glutathione 100 mg
S.O.D Extramel® Complex (Cantaloupe (Cucumis melo subsp. melo var. cantalupo) (fruit)) 10 mg
Superoxide dismutase (S.O.D) 140 IU
Natural flavour, purified stevia leaf extract
1 heaping scoop (2.7 g) per day dissolved in 250 mL of water or as directed by a health care practitioner. Take with food. Ensure you drink enough fluid before, during, and after exercise. Use a minimum of 4 weeks to see beneficial effects.
Although very little evidence supports this interaction, a potential interaction is possible for individuals taking the anticoagulant Coumadin and both CoQ10 and acetyl-l-carnitine. Close monitoring of the INR is recommended in these patients. No other negative drug interactions are known for CoQ10, though a number of medications inhibit CoQ10 synthesis or function in the body, including statin or blood pressure medications, tricyclic antidepressants, and oral hypoglycemic agents, suggesting a potential benefit of combined use