Some women, especially those who suffer from vaginal dryness, prefer the cream formulation to treat their infection at the site. Canesten® creams are inserted high into the vagina with an applicator.
To meet your changing needs and circumstances, Canesten® offers single-application creams, and also creams that can be used daily or over the course of several days.
*We are only able to ship this item to Canadian customers.
- An internal cream to treat the infection at the site.
- A lower concentration of medication for treatment over 6 days.
- 1% Clotrimazole
The active substance in Canesten 6 Day Cream is Clotrimazole, an antifungal agent which fights fungal infections such as vaginal yeast infection.
The pack contains a full course of treatment which consists of six applicators with an internal cream to treat the cause of a vaginal yeast infection.
The internal cream should be inserted as high as possible into the vagina with the help of the applicator, as indicated in the product leaflet, preferably before going to sleep at night for convenient and comfortable treatment. The treatment should be used once a day for six consecutive days.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
- are at increased risk for sexually transmitted diseases (e.g. HIV-AIDS)
- have multiple sexual partners or change partners often
- have never had a yeast infection before
- have heart disease
- have frequent vaginal infections
- have any of the following symptoms which may be signs of a serious condition
- have abdominal pain, shoulder or lower back pain, fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or foul-smelling discharge.
When using this product Canesten® may reduce the effectiveness and safety of latex products (e.g. condoms and diaphragms) and vaginal spermicides. This effect is temporary and occurs only during treatment.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- there is no improvement in 3 days or if symptoms have not disappeared within 7 days
- symptoms recur within 2 months
- you have abdominal pain, fever, foul-smelling discharge during the use of this medication