THE DIVACUP - MODEL 2
The DivaCup is a reusable, bell-shaped menstrual cup that is worn internally and sits low in the vaginal canal, collecting rather than absorbing your menstrual flow. Menstrual cups have existed since the 1930s when women were searching for an alternative to the choices of the time. Yet, its break...Read More
Many women feel uneasy about changing their menstrual care routine. Years of dealing with the sights and odours of disposable tampons and pads cause the familiar reaction: “ick!”. The DivaCup empowers women to connect with their bodies and menstrual cycles like never before. Perfect for all activities (air, land or sea), it's easy care and use make for a better period experience. Wear The DivaCup for up to 12 hours without leaks or worry.
• 12-hour leak-free protection
• Made from the highest quality healthcare grade silicone to assure comfort and durability
• Does not contain any of the following: latex, plastic, PVC, acrylic, acrylate, BPA, phthalate, elastomer, polyethylene, and free of colours and dyes
• Reusable and eco-friendly – no waste, no chemicals
• Features extra grip ridges for easier removal
2. Hold the folded sides firmly in place between your thumb and forefinger so that the curved edge is facing away from your palm (or so that the stem is facing your palm).
3. In a comfortable position and with your vaginal muscles relaxed, gently separate the labia with your free hand and then push the curved edge of the folded DivaCup horizontally into the vaginal opening so that the tip of the stem is no further than a 1/2 inch (1.27 cm) into the vagina. Inserting The DivaCup too high in the vaginal canal may cause leaks, and may also make removal more difficult.
4. Grip the base of the cup (not the stem) and turn the cup one full rotation (360 degrees) in either direction or insert the cup about half way, turn the cup one full rotation and then push it horizontally in the rest of the way. The DivaCup must rotate easily as this ensures that it is fully open and that it is positioned horizontally towards your tailbone.
5. To remove, pull gently on the stem of The DivaCup until you can reach the base of the cup. Pinch the base of the cup to release the seal and continue to pull down to remove it. After the cup has been removed, empty the contents in the toilet, wash The DivaCup well with warm water and The DivaWash, or a mild unscented water-based (oil-free) soap, and reinsert.
The DivaCup must be emptied, washed and reinserted at least 2 times a day (twice in a 24 hour period) and can be worn overnight without concern of leaking. Most women need only to empty it in the morning and again in the evening. By monitoring the fullness of the cup over a couple of cycles, you will quickly learn how often to empty it according to your specific needs. Most women find that the cup is not even half full after 12 hours. For those with heavier flows, the cup is simply emptied more often. If you have a fairly regular cycle, you may insert The DivaCup right before your period to avoid spotting.