Bioclinic Berberine HCL, Traditionally used for gastrointestinal symptoms, berberine has emerged as a potent cardiometabolic aid with diverse benefits and mechanisms of action. It has hypoglycemic effects, via both an inhibition of alpha-glucosidase activity and an upregulation of insulin receptors in peripheral tissues, thereby improving insulin sensitivity.1,2
Furthermore, it activates Nrf2, a key regulator of cellular antioxidant defense, and attenuates glucose-induced neurotoxicity, suggesting a therapeutic potential for diabetic neuropathy.3
- Hypoglycemic effects via multiple mechanisms, including enhancement of insulin sensitivity
- Favorable effects on blood lipids, including a reduction in triglycerides, and both total and LDL cholesterol
- Activates Nrf-2, a key regulator of antioxidant gene transcription and prevention of glucose-induced neurotoxicity
- Provides 500mg berberine HCl per capsule, the dosing strength used in clinical trials for glucose and lipid control
- Extracted from Berberis vulgaris (European barberry)
- Suitable for vegetarians/vegans
Berberine (Hydrochloride) (Berberis vulgaris) (root) 500mg.Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (cellulose, purified water), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), silica and stearic acid.
Adults: Take 1 capsule 2 times per day with meals or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 3 months.
health care practitioner if you have leucopenia, a kidney disorder, hypotension or blood pressure problems. Consult a
health care practitioner prior to use if you have hypoglycemia or diabetes. Do not use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. May cause gastrointestinal discomfort such as constipation, vomiting, abdominal pain or
diarrhea, in which case discontinue use and consult a