The Canesten® ComforTAB® is a slim, vaginal tablet preferred for its cleanliness and convenience. It is inserted high into the vagina with a sleek applicator, allowing you to treat your infection at the site anytime, day or night, and continues to work over several days until the infection is cured.
*We are only able to ship this item to Canadian customers.
- Slim ComforTAB to treat anytime, day or night
- Includes cream to soothe external itching and burning
- Convenient single-dose treatment
- 500mg/tab Clotrimazole & 1% External Clotrimazole cream
The active substance is Clotrimazole, an antifungal agent which fights fungal infections such as yeast infections.
The pack contains a full course of treatment which consists of a single vaginal tablet with an applicator to treat a vaginal yeast infection and contains an external cream to quickly soothe the external itch and burn.
The vaginal tablet should be inserted as high as possible into the vagina with the help of the applicator, preferably before going to sleep at night for convenient and comfortable treatment.
The cream should be gently spread over the irritated vaginal area, 1-2 times a day. It should only be used during the period when external symptoms are present, to a maximum of 7 days.
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
- are at increased risk for sexually transmitted diseases (e.g. HIV-AIDS)
- have multiple sexual partners or change partners often
- have never had a yeast infection before
- have heart disease
- have frequent vaginal infections
- have any of the following symptoms which may be signs of a serious condition
- have abdominal pain, shoulder or lower back pain, fever, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or foul-smelling discharge.
When using this product Canesten® may reduce the effectiveness and safety of latex products (e.g. condoms and diaphragms) and vaginal spermicides. This effect is temporary and occurs only during treatment.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- there is no improvement in 3 days or if symptoms have not disappeared within 7 days
- symptoms recur within 2 months
- you have abdominal pain, fever, foul-smelling discharge during the use of this medication