HYLO®-DUAL eye drops contain Sodium Hyaluronate (like in HYLO®) and Ectoine.
Ectoine, is a natural substance formed by microorganisms to protect themselves from extreme environments (e.g.: salt lakes or hot geysers). They adapt to these conditions by so-called extremolytes. Extremolytes like Ectoine are osmoprotective substances, which stabilize biological membranes.
Ectoine has a strong water-binding capacity. The water surrounding Ectoine is bound very compact, and forms a physiologic barrier. This “shield” of Ectoine and water protects cell membranes from contact with allergenic substances and against inflammatory responses to environmental stress (such as dehydration, e.g. by hyperosmolar tears, UV radiation or airborne allergens). Additionally, Ectoine has a stabilizing effect on the lipid phase of the tear film. It increases its elasticity, causes it to spread evenly over the eye surface and protects against the excessive evaporation of tears.
Burning, itching, tearing, foreign body sensation can be caused by insufficient moisture or by hypersensitivities (i.e.: allergies). It can be difficult to differentiate between a dry and an allergic eye. In these cases HYLO®DUAL is advantageous thanks to the dual mode of action of Sodium Hyaluronate and Ectoine.
- Offers immediate comfort (no stinging upon application), moisturizes and protects your eyes from dryness and irritation for a long time.
- Is preservative free and usually very well tolerated.
- Is phosphate free, avoiding complications like deposits on the cornea.
- Is emulgator free and lipid free, nonetheless stabilizes the lipid layer of the tear film and protects the eyes against the excessive evaporation of tears
- Relieves itching and burning caused by inflammation and allergies.
Generally, adults and children 6 years and older can instill one drop of HYLO®-DUAL three times a day into each eye. If you apply HYLO®-DUAL more frequently (e.g.: more than 10 times per day) or suffer from more severe complaints, please consult your ophthalmologist or optometrist. HYLO®-DUAL is suitable for long-term treatment. As with all health concerns, you should consult your doctor when your symptoms persist.
HYLO®-DUAL should not be used if you are sensitive to any of the ingredient