This 1% povidone-iodine gargle or spray helps to treat infections that can cause sore throats due to viruses and bacteria. Available in both Gargle and Spray formats for convenient, on-the-go use.
*We are only able to ship this item to Canadian customers.
- Help treat infections that can cause sore throats,
- Help treat throat infections due to viruses and bacteria,
Gargle Active Ingredient: Povidone-Iodine 1% w/v
Spray Active Ingredient: Povidone-Iodine 0.45% w/v
Citric acid monohydrate, glycerine, potassium iodide, water.
- Pour BETADINE® Sore Throat Gargle into the cup (10–15mL). Dilute with an equal amount of water if taste is an issue
- Tilt your head back and gargle for 30 seconds, swirling the liquid on your throat.
- Spit out the solution. Repeat up to 4 times daily or as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Respond immediately to the first signs of throat discomfort.
- One spray into the back of the throat every 3 to 4 hours as needed, to a maximum of 3 sprays per day.
Small amounts may be swallowed. If accidentally swallowed in large amounts, contact your healthcare professional or hospital immediately. Do not use if you are allergic to any ingredient, have any type of thyroid disorder, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, or are using hydrogen peroxide.
Do not use in children under 6 years of age unless advised by a physician. Consult a healthcare professional immediately if an allergic reaction such as redness, irritation, swelling, itching, or rash occurs. Dentures or braces can sometimes become discoloured – remove if possible before use. Avoid contact with jewellery, especially silver.