Fast & effective relief of occasional constipation. 10mg bisacodyl suppositories for fast predictable relief in 15 to 60 minutes.
*We are only able to ship this item to Canadian customers.
- For adults and children over 12 years, take one suppository rectally. Suppositories should take from 15 to 60 minutes to stimulate a bowel movement.
- Dulcolax® works by stimulating the muscle movement of your colon while also accumulating water in your intestines.
Suppositories contain: hard fat.
Unwrap the suppository from its foil covering. Dip the tip of the suppository for a few seconds in lukewarm water to soften the exterior. Lie down on your side and raise your opposite knee to your chest. Relax the buttock just before inserting the suppository to ease insertion. Gently insert the suppository, lubricated pointed end first, high into the rectum so that it will not slip out. Push the flat end of the suppository sideways to make sure that part of it touches the wall
of the rectum. Continue to lie down for a few minutes and hold the buttocks together to allow the suppository to dissolve in the rectum. Try to retain the suppository in the rectum as long as possible.
BEFORE you use Dulcolax® talk to your doctor or pharmacist:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this or any other medicines.
- If you have any pain in the lower abdomen or if you have stomach cramps, fever, nausea or vomiting.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have taken Dulcolax® already for a week without any
- If you are taking any other medications, including those available without a prescription, herbal and complementary medicines.
Do not give Dulcolax® to a child unless the doctor tells you to.
A laxative should not be taken within two (2) hours of another medicine because the desired effect of the other medicine may be reduced.
You may experience dizziness and/or fainting (syncope) caused by a malaise triggered by abdominal spasms. If you experience abdominal spasms, avoid hazardous tasks such as driving or operating machinery.
INTERACTIONS WITH THIS MEDICATION
Drugs that may interact with Dulcolax® include diuretics (eg. hydrochlorothiazide), adreno-corticosteroids (eg. hydrocortisone, prednisone), and cardiac glycosides (eg. digoxin). This is not an all-inclusive list of examples.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications, vitamins and herbals you are taking.